7/28/2015

Bangalore airport; taxi to hotel when arriving at night



It is my first time to Bangalore, and due to some circumstances I took the night flight. I wasn't too sure of how to get a taxi to my hotel but I'll just follow the crowd, I thought. Of course, I came to that decision after an hour of researching and reading up forums to ensure that taxis are readily available and safe. 

Disclaimer

It is prudent to at least know the following:
- what is the approximate time and price to your destination
- how to take a prepaid taxi
- if not, the general directions to the taxi stand (you should get a sense whether it is inside or out of the airport, etc)

For Bangalore, I read that the taxi stand is in one corner and outside the building. And I confirmed on multiple sources that taxis are readily available, even at night. There are mixed reviews online, but the reliability of airport taxi service in Bangalore seems acceptable. So, I concluded there is no need to arrange for airport transfer from the hotel.

Directions to the taxi pickup point at Bangalore Airport

When I came out of immigration, there is an airport taxi counter, but it was very empty. Not very popular, I thought, as I clearly remembered seeing quite a number of foreigners on my flight. So i followed the crowd which took me to an airport taxi queue. You can follow the taxi signs in the airport and there are standing signs of airport taxi which you can follow; You wont missed it. The airport taxi has a nice logo and at the start of the queue there will be an usher. 

In the long line of people waiting for taxi, i was the only foreigner. Should be no problem, i thought, since so many locals are using this service.

Each taxi will carry the airport taxi logo, though they can be meru, mega or KSTDC. By sheer fate i hopped on to a mega cab.

The trip started at 80 INR ,and the driver will state that the 2nd meter started at 0. The meters will simultaneously jump at quite a fast pace. A short drive later, you will be asked to pay toll charge of 120 INR.

The ride was pretty smooth, but there is plenty of honking, even at night. Trucks drive alongside your taxi like how chopsticks line together. It was quite an experience. It took me 45mins- 1hr to reach my hotel, and cost $830 rupees with 120rupees toll charge.

Other things to note

Always confirm that the driver knows where you want to go. Their english is quite different , my driver brought me to citadel, instead of citadine.


Hope this post takes you safely from the Bangalore airport to your hotel. 
EUFASS


No comments:

Post a Comment