4/11/2016

What to do if you picked up a small bird



I picked up a cute little bird the other day. It was limping on the road side and fortunately, the road has little traffic passing through.

I had the immediate intention of nursing it back to health, but realise I did not know what to do. Thanks to google, I got some answers. Interestingly, the first responses were do not try to keep it.

Not wanting to endanger this cute little fledgling's life, I went back to the spot where I found it. True enough, on a nearby tree I could spot a nest and a bird nearby chirping ( I think it's the mom, as the fledgling chirped along as well.

It was a challenge trying to climb the tree, but as I climbed the little bird chirped more actively. The mother bird watched from a safe distance, but clearly she was keeping a watchful eye as I placed carefully the little bird back to the nest.
It was a heartwarming scene as I walked away and saw the fledgling reunited with the mother bird.

If it happens to you, this are the tips I gathered. Should you encounter a similar situation, hope that it will be useful for you.

Do
  • Try to find its nest and put it back
  • It will chirp and its parents should be able to hear and find it back.

Do not
  • try to keep it
  • feed it with food or water
You never know when you might need this.
This was a totally random and pleasant experience for me...

Learn tips, share tips
EUFASS


No comments:

Post a Comment