11/19/2013

How much red packet money to give for JB wedding



Attending a good friend’s wedding in Johor Bahru? I recently attended my friend’s wedding held at a local restaurant in JB and was wondering how much money to give for his red packet. Looking at the popularity of my post on how much money to give for a Malay Wedding, I decided to post on my current invitation to JB as well.

My friend held his wedding at Pekin restaurant. The restaurant was very well furnished, and the food was decent. I heard from a fellow guest that this restaurant is a popular choice among locals for wedding dinner.
I checked with 2 friends from JB and the first one told me 100 MYR should be enough for a Sunday night dinner. The second one told me that the 4-5 star hotels and the relatively better restaurants costs around 800-1000 MYR per table. I am actually quite surprised by the extent of difference between prices here in Malaysia and Singapore.

Thus for a wedding dinner, I guess a red packet of minimum 100 MYR or 40 SGD (give and take a little) should be good. But of course, always give more in the name of friendship/kinship!

If transport to and from Singapore is also provided

For my dinner, two-way transport was also provided, which costs 300 MYR for a 7-seater. Thus do remember to factor in the cost for your friend to charter transport to pick you up. 

Hope this was useful to you!

Eufass

3 comments:

  1. This was useful. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much ang pao money to give for a JB hotel wedding? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As an estimation, you can equate the cost for SG hotel to JB hotel, just that the currency differs. In other words, you can take RM 120/ pax for a comparably decent standard hotel that costs S$120/pax in Singapore.

      Delete