7/13/2012

What's inside a coffee machine? and trivia from the technician

Ever wondered whats inside that coffee spewing machine? Press a button, and after some mechanical sounds you'll see coffee magically dripping into your cup. Today I was in luck when a technician showed me the insides of a coffee machine (those bigger kinds):

Coffee Machine Inside 1
Behind the digital display
Coffee Machine Inside 2
Inside the coffee Machine
Coffee Machine Inside 3
From Left to right: Coffee beans, creamer, cocoa, sugar
-----------
Do check out my new post on what's inside a vending machine? and other trivia
-----------

It was... an eye opener. I was happily fascinated... until  the technician told me something that shocked me. "The jia lat (singlish for bad) part is the boiler where all the hot water is stored". and I asked why.

I am not sure how true are his words, but he mentioned the hot water has all those metal precipitate suspending in the water due to the hot boiling temperature. But apparently, no one has any problems after drinking it...

Subsequently I ask my friends and they told me: oh you didn't know? OF COURSE I DIDNT KNOW! I happily take a double dose of mocha EVERYDAY!! omg.. what have I been drinking? 

Some of them told me that they've seen ants in the sugar capsule, and that is why they do not really drink from the coffee machine.

And finally the technician added: If you see those hot water dispenser in the outdoors, don't bother drinking from it. They are infested with insects. and among the insects he's seen, includes a cockroach..

That's it, no more drinking from hot drinks/water dispensers outdoors for me again...

2 comments:

  1. The proteins in animal milk also bind to the staining properties in coffee to then carry them to the stomach where they can be broken down. Coffee Machines, 

    ReplyDelete