12/01/2013

What is my recommended calorie intake?

recommended Calorie
"Watch my weight, lose my tummy" is my current goal for this period. While snacking on Hershey's dark chocolates pearls today, the tagline of "Only 10 calories per piece" sparked my curiosity. To prevent myself from overeating, how much calories do I need daily? 
I think the Health Promotion Board (government agency promoting good health to Singaporeans) has a number of helpful tools in this area. For example, you can find out your recommended calorie intake from an interactive application here. (No downloads required)
I tried it, and it will base its calculations on your
  • gender
  • age group
  • weight
  • type of office job
  • intensity of physical activity

The daily recommended intake for me was 2859 kcal.
Also, the HPB also provides the calorie count for some of the typical food we eat here. If you're wondering , that plate of char kway teow you're eating now is 744kcal. 
Finally, is kcal and calories the same thing? Yes.
Hope this post was useful to you
EUFASS

No comments:

Post a Comment