7/14/2012

Motivational Running Video on Steve Jones


The youtube is actually a trove of inspirations and motivational videos. Today I came across a  video of a marathon runner - Steve Jones. Watch this for your daily dose of inspiration, especially before starting your running regime. 

Three things that struck me in this video:
1. Fence-Sitting Commentary. The commentary really reflects the critics of life. When you run too fast, you will have all the critics telling you that you are growing too fast - its unsustainable, you are bound to fall, competition will catchup, etc. Don't let that get to you. The only way, like what Jones did, is to shut them up by winning. Towards the end, the commentary was full of praise for Jones. 

It doesn't matter what people are saying about you, just remember that you know what you are doing and persist to win at the finishing line. 

2. Great music. Never underestimate the power of music! I remember I've seen a video somewhere of this guy, who is normally inactive, brought alive by music. I have a playlist that I use for my jogging/workouts. I find music effective in maintaining my pace during running, and fast beats spurs me to run faster.  The track from the video was pretty sensational.

3. Persistence. Steve Jones is the type that would never give up. In his marathon in 1986 he hit a wall in the final six miles but still persist to the finishing line. It is probably his strong spirit that gave him the final burst as seen from the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment